Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Feeling Lucky

This afternoon I was struck by an incredible sense of how lucky I am. When your kids have differences it's easy to get caught up in what you're kids aren't not what they are. Hell, it is easy to do that in regular life. The husband and I have been hit by a lot of obstacles since our marriage. But it feels so much better to look at all we do have.

Son in contrast to my post about not feeling lucky, today even with a killer headache, non napping children, and gloomy weather: I feel lucky.

I feel lucky that I have two parents who love me. Who never physically abused me and have always tried, even if they went around it in the wrong way, to make me happy. I feel lucky to have a sister who I wish I was closer to but has always been there for me in the lowest moments. Who has sat on the phone with me while I laid on the kitchen floor and cried, not even into the phone.

I feel lucky that my kids are with me and that for the most part they are physically healthy. That I don't have to sit by their beds and watch them slip away from me.

I feel lucky that I had twins because even though it's about five times harder than one, heaven is watching them play together.

I feel lucky to have a husband who loves me through thick and thin and has stuck by me in the hardest of times. Who I actually miss more than the girls when I am away. Who I share so many of the same tastes with.

I feel lucky to have friends across the country who I can call up and talk to whenever I need them, even if we haven't spoken in months.

I feel lucky that blogging and twittering were invented and I can connect to hundreds of amazing people everyday.

Lucky.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome... and I need to work on this kind of perspective. I seriously need to write something like this so I can look back on it when I need a good kick in the butt.

    ReplyDelete