Friday, November 6, 2009

Blog Spotlight : Medicated in Minnesota

NaBloPoMo fail! I meant to post this yesterday and never did.

The more blogs I read the more amazed I am at how many good ones there are. But finding them among the pile of mediocrity is time consuming. So I decided to feature a blog I love. Don't say I never did anything for you!

My inaugural blog spotlight blog is Medicated in Minnesota written by a real life friend of mine. Emily's blog is a refreshingly honest account of her postpartum depression and continued struggles with depression. I feel like talking about this issue openly is so important. And Emily is perfect for the conversation because of her open and hopeful approach to life.

I really wish that everyone that read her blog could meet her in person because she is an adorable bubbly (sometimes) blond. The first time I met her I thought "great, a perfect mom with a perfect adorable kid" and thought we would have nothing in common. How lucky I am that she made an effort to become my friend. She has been a wonderful support person for me as a mom and I am so glad she is putting her voice out there.

So what are you waiting for? Go check out Medicated in Minnesota. And by the way, I have to make a little joke about needing to be medicated to survive the Minnesota winters. Put it this way, after living there I know why people in Russia drink vodka all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment